Every once in a while, I need a quick fix dessert. Usually it happens during weekdays, after a tiring day of work and the craving is sudden and irresistible. I always choose between these two options for simplicity : (i) breakfast dessert ( waffles/pancakes topped with something sweet) or (ii) mug cakes. I am not in search of a decadent dessert but one that you can make in the blink of an eye.
Tonight, I opted for a tiny mug cake with oats and apple. It’s like a crumble except the topping is not crunchy.
Portion: for 2 medium tea cups
Time: Preparation 5-8 minutes, Cooking 2 minutes 800 watts
- 2 big apples
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tbs chopped almonds
- 2 tsp + 1 tsp of margarine (or butter)
- 2 tsp + 1 tsp of sugar (if your apples are very sweet, use only 2 tsp of sugar in total)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
For the topping:
1. Mix the oats, chopped almonds and 1 tsp of margarine. The mixture of oats and almonds must be “buttery”.
For the apples:
1. In a small bowl, mix 2 tsp of sugar with the cinnamon.
2. Peel the apples and dice it in large chunks.
3. In each tea cup, put half of the diced apples, half of the mix of sugar and cinnamon, and 1 tsp of margarine. Gently mix all the ingredients.
4. On top of each cup, add half of the amalgamated oats and almonds.
5. Cook 2 minutes in a microwawe at 800 W and voilà.