Good Morning to you,
It’s breakfast time and I wish to share with you my first successful attempt to make vegan, gluten-free and yeast free bread. For the time being, I don’t know how to make my gluten-free flour blend, so I relied on Bob’s Red Mill products. I made two bread, a brown kind of bread and a white bread using respectively the following products: – BRM Gluten-Free Hearty Whole Grain Bread Mix and – BRM Gluten-Free Homemade Wonderful Bread Mix. It turned out great in terms of texture and I was very happy I could eat bread again. Yet, it was not the flavor that I expected. I have not been able to finish the brown bread, don’t worry my husband did it for me. The white bread is better, but I need to top it with strong flavors to neutralise the taste of the bread. I think it’s because of the amount of sorghum flour in it, and as much as I tried, I don’t like the sorghum flour.If one of you have tried these BRM mixes, please let me know what are your thoughts on that?
Serve: 1 medium bread loaf
Time: Prep Time- 10 min, Cooking time 55-60 min
Tools: Loaf Pan 25 × 12,5 × 5,5 cm/ 10 × 5 × 2,3 inch
- 2 cup of BRM GF white bread mix or whole grain bread mix
- 1/2 cup of all purpose GF flour (with xantham)
- 1 1/2cup of water
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbs of lemon juice
- 2 tbs of olive oil + a bit of oil to grease the pan
1. Preheat your oven at thermostat 7/ 210°C/410°F.
2. In a big bowl, mix the dry ingredients, the BRM GF bread flour, the all purpose GF flour, and the baking soda.
3. Add the tablespoon of lemon juice, and mix it well.
4. Add the water, and mix until the ingredients are well combined and a lump free batter is obtained.
5. Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil and mix.
6. Grease your loaf pan, from top to bottom with a slight amount of margarine or oil. Pour evenly the batter over the tin.
7. Cook in the oven for 55 to 60 minutes on the shelf situated in the middle of the oven. On the shelf below, add a big bowl (oven compatible) of water.
8. When the bread is ready, unmold it on a plate.